2016 – 2017
Dear Fellow Chamber Members:
During this past year, we have experienced continued growth and success both within our chamber and our Village of Estero. 2016 and 2017 have been filled with planning and strategizing activities for your Chamber of Commerce’s future. As we find ourselves part of a new and growing Village, your Chamber of Commerce is also growing. In January of this year, your chamber of commerce presented a five-year strategic plan which is available on the chamber website. This strategic plan outlines the five-year future for your chamber resulting from a membership survey in 2016.
Your efforts as committed Chamber members, wonderful volunteers and outstanding staff enabled us to stay on course and accomplish our goals this past year.
Thanks to all of the individuals just mentioned above, here are some highlights of our goals and the accomplishments towards them that we made this past year:
Growing Membership and Increasing Membership Value:
- The Chamber membership continued to grow to approximately 307 members.
- Educational programs helped member businesses expand knowledge and grow their businesses.
- The Chamber’s membership along with your Board of Directors helped to develop and implement the Strategic Plan goals.
- The Ambassador program assisted in membership retention as well as membership growth in 2016 and 2017 along with making all new members feel welcomed at events and knowledgeable with member visits.
- Updated website for member and community ease of use
Encouraging and Supporting Business Development:
- Numerous ribbon cuttings and groundbreaking this past year.
- The Annual Golf Tournament continues to exceed expectations resulting in $10,000 plus dollars for scholarships.
- 65 Attendees and numerous exhibitors for non-profit Night
- Networking opportunities including 10 Business After Hours, 10 Lunch n Learn events, 11 Rise n Shine events and more.
- The Estero Young Professionals continue to grow in membership and events in the Estero community.
Educating, Training and Informing Members:
- 11 educational Lunch n Learns with approximately 400 attendees.
- approximately 32 non-profits participate in the annual non-profit night.
- A Government Affairs Committee was recently organized to keep our business members informed of changes in our growing community.
- Community events section on our website to keep all informed of events in the area
Maintaining a Vibrant Visitors Center
- 20-plus volunteers staff and operate our visitors center
- These volunteers welcome and assist over 100 visitors, residents and chamber members daily
- Maintaining opportunities for businesses to display their business cards and information
Thank you for the opportunity to serve as your President and for joining me on our journey this past year. It has truly been an honor, privilege, and outstanding experience to serve with all of you at the Estero Chamber of Commerce.
Estero Chamber of Commerce