The 10th Annual WINK Feeds Families Hunger Walk benefiting the Harry Chapin Food Bank will be held at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 20.
This year, you can help make the Hunger Walk a successful event simply by participating in the “Meals for Harry” program and going out to eat! Several area restaurants are taking donations, making a donation or donating a percentage of your food bill to the food bank for the walk.
The Meals for Harry program continues through Jan. 14, with various restaurants participating on various days. For more details or to sign up for the Hunger Walk, visit winkhungerwalk.com or contact John Kuhn, special events manager, at 239-334-7007, ext. 152.
Here’s the schedule of restaurants and types of donations:
- Metro Diner, (Naples and Bonita Springs locations) – mention Harry Chapin Food Bank when ordering, 10 percent of bill will go to the Hunger Walk.
- Now through Sunday, Jan. 14:
- Bianca’s Ristorante, 16251 N. Cleveland Ave., North Fort Myers – taking donations.
- Lobster Lady Seafood Market, 1715 Cape Coral Parkway W., Cape Coral – taking donations
- Stillwater Grille, 13451 McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers – round up your bill
- Now through Jan. 8:
- North Naples Country Club, 10095 Tamiami Trail N. – donates 25 percent of sales
- Tuesday, Jan. 9
- Joe’s Crab Shack, 2024 W. First St., Fort Myers – mention Harry Chapin Food Bank when ordering
- Tuesday, Jan. 9 through Saturday, Jan. 13
- Sasse’s, 3651 Evans Ave., Fort Myers – donates 10 percent of evening meal
- Wednesday, Jan. 10 and Thursday, Jan. 11
- Dairy Queen at U.S. 41 and Six Mile Cypress – donates 10 percent of sales
- Jason’s Deli (Lee County) –Donates 15 percent of sales from 4 to 9 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 12
- Farmers Market Restaurant, 2736 Edison Ave., Fort Myers – donates percentage of sales
- Friday, Jan. 12 through Sunday, Jan. 14
- Caloosahatchee Jack’s, 11491 S. Cleveland Ave., Fort Myers – accepting donations
- Sunday, Jan. 14
- Sidelines Sports Bar & Grill, 4451 Veronica S. Shoemaker Blvd., Fort Myers – donates 10 percent of sales.