Dear Chamber Member,
Lee County’s Procurement Management Division is asking for your Chamber’s help in telling your members about upcoming enhancements to the way the Lee County does business with its private sector vendors, some of whom may be members of your organization. We hope you will help us spread this news by sharing it in any upcoming emails or newsletters you have as well as on social media sites and websites.
Later this month, Lee County’s Procurement Management will implement software called IonWave. It will allow vendors to bid on County Projects and manage County contracts electronically with streamlined transactions and communications. This software makes for a more efficient process, from the creation and issuance of solicitations to supplier response submissions and bid awards. It also files, stores and tracks procurement contracts in one location.
Vendors also will benefit from the electronic procurement system because it:
- Will reduce vendors’ cost when they respond to County solicitations by eliminating paper bids and allowing for electronic submission;
- Allows for instant submittals to the County, reducing the risk of late submittals;
- Allows vendors to manage and update their profiles and view current and awarded solicitations around the clock;
- Sends automatic notifications to registered vendors when a new solicitation is advertised;
- Sends insurance expiration reminders to Procurement staff and vendors by email;
- Allows vendors, County staff and the public to view solicitation and contract files online anytime.
We are excited to launch this new system. Implementation will be gradual and more details will follow. In the meantime, we are asking for your assistance in getting the word out to the business community that they will need to complete a one-time registration to search for and submit bids through the new system.
Starting June 12, vendors can begin using the new site both for registration and for searching for bid opportunities: www.leegov.com/bid
Thank you for your continued support. Please let us know if you have any questions.